Pages

Friday, January 15

***WARNING: OVERSHARING LIKE NOBODIES BUSINESS***

So last night I experienced one of the unfortunate side effects of my prenatal vitamins. Apparently the iron in those vitamins combined with the minimal amount of  water I consumed yesterday set me up for a very uncomfortable evening...and morning. 
HOLY CRAP!!! No pun...well maybe a little pun intended. 
I was in the restroom on two separate occasions for 30-45 minutes each time praying and wondering how many nurses I would have laughing at me for going to the hospital for constipation. Seriously though I felt like I was going to die and each time I left the restroom with absolutely no relief and minimal support from Mr. Awesome whose frequent bowel movements are legend. He did offer to come hold my hand but I make constant denial that I even go number two and sometimes even wait until he leaves the house to do so...so clearly that was not going to happen. 
And what exactly is going to happen when I go into labor and an eight pound baby is trying to make its way out of a hole much much smaller!!
Anyway, so on my third set of rounds at 4:30 this morning I had the most horrific experience and then finally relief. I was so excited I woke Mr. Awesome up and he was incredibly excited as well. I couldn't contain my enthusiasm. I will be drinking liter after liter of water today...maybe a gallon of prune juice but I will not be doing that again. Not.

Kimiko

So maybe the "warning" wasn't super necessary but I don't make a point to talk about these kinds of things regularly so I felt it might be necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment