Sunday, October 31
Friday, October 29
from lauren at the little things we do
1. My Halloween plans this year will include going to my sister-in-laws "Harvest" party to see the kiddos all dressed up and then heading home to watch Hocus Pocus with Mr. Awesome while eating grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup and maybe an apple crisp. Plus we have a crap load of candy so hopefully we get some trick-or-treaters.
2. My most memorable Halloween costume was I was a boy scout my sophomore year in college, unfortunately there are still pictures floating around.
3. For Halloween this year I'm going to be a tired new momma, complete with drool stains.
4. I've always wanted to dress up as Beyonce...I'm serious!! I would randomly sing out parts of Bootylicious and dance all hard, like I'm trying to break something. She's hot.
5. Halloween free association! it's the great pumpkin charlie brown, dracula, pumpkin patch.
6. The worst thing about Halloween is cheap/crappy candy and that it's not half of the holiday it used to be.
7. The best thing about Halloween is little kids in costume, the crisp air, the fact that there's really no clean-up.
Labels: fill in the blank
Tuesday, October 26
Normally Miss K is a doll and her and I stick to somewhat of a schedule. On the rare occasion that she is unconsolable, doesn't want to take a nap, is under or overstimulated or we just need to get out of the house...we walk. Now I've never been the type to say, "hey let's take a walk." I've assured myself that I can't walk fast enough to convince myself I'm actually going somewhere and therefore I would much rather go for a run or maybe just hop in the car, you know, cover some distance. But Miss K likes to walk so we bundle ourselves up, strap into the baby carrier or stroller, grab Mayapolis and head out for a stroll.
She loves it!! Her eyes get big and she turns her head from left to right and up and down just taking it all in. I can't help but pause at all the things that, if it weren't for Miss K, I would walk right by. I'm beginning to realize that the opportunity to just "take a walk" with no motive other than spending time with my daughter is actually quite a luxury:)
Tuesday, October 19
Tuesday, October 5
So "fill in the blank friday" started me thinking about these last couple years and all the big things that have changed (i.e. being blessed with a husband, a dog, and a baby) and how just my normal day-to-day is so incredibly different...here are some of the things and scenarios that come to mind:
1. Let's say there's no food in the house:
Single Me: go out to sushi, or have a Whole Foods deli extravaganza, call and ask mom if she's cooked and if not will she make pork chops
Married Me: defer to Mr. Awesome who asks, "is there rice and Kimchi?" because if there is then there is always food in the house (breakfast, lunch, or dinner)
Momma Me: at least Miss K has food, ask Mr. Awesome if he wants to split a burrito
*going to the grocery is the last thing that crosses my mind being that it requires the most amount of effort
2. My favorite way to kill time, bumming around the bookstore
Single Me: used to go to the bookstore several times a week and would purchase a magazine, a book, and a tea all in one visit!!
Married Me: defers to Mr. Awesome who says (when he's willing to go with me) "I'll be at the comics." When I come to find him, tea in hand, he asks "don't we have tea at home?"
Momma Me: while driving by I contemplate going into the bookstore but Miss K is taking a much needed nap, maybe I'll get some tea at the drive-thru and take a spin around the park.
3. Taking naps
Single Me: all the time
Married Me: all the time tangled up with Mr. Awesome
Momma Me: all the time with Miss K during the week and usually one luxurious one with my whole little fam on the weekend.
There are quite a few more little changes, the big ones require little explanation, but Miss K is looking super kissable at the moment so I'm off.
sad but true...sometimes when she's laying on my like that I use the photobooth to see if she's fallen asleep:)
Friday, October 1
1. True happiness is Slobbery kisses from Miss K, tangled legs with Mr. Awesome and hot tea.
2. The most surreal moment of my life was These past two years!! Getting married, finding our pup, moving three times and having a baby! Whew, I'm tired just typing it.
3. My favorite texture is "the touch, the feel of cotton, the fabric of our lives" I love the feel of plain Hanes T's and undershirts on Mr Awesome, especially when they've gotten super soft over time.
4. My signature color is grey...It's pretty much my favorite neutral.
5. My signature style is I have no style, Really. I seek out jobs with uniforms so that I never have to put together appropriate business attire.
6. If I could choose one store to spend my life savings at, it would be However, even with my own personal lack of style I do have decent taste and would love to spend a truckload of money at Anthropologie and Ruche.
7. My best thing about autumn is School Supplies!!! When Target rolls out those huge bargain bins of crayons and notebooks and markers I am beside myself. I think it is quite possible that one day I may make an appearance on Hoarders for my obsession with binders, Pilot G2 extra fine point pens and dividers.
Labels: fill in the blank