Pages

Sunday, May 16

Dear Glucose Drink,

Tricky, tricky glucose drink...who knew? You weigh in at a mere 10oz and I...well, let's just say I currently weigh in at 10oz plus. You come in three enticing (at least for Kool Aid) flavors: lemon-lime, orange, and tropical punch. You are handed to me slightly chilled from the fridge. You aren't even incredibly offensive...that is until the first sip has settled.

Now I have to say I chose lemon-lime, taking into consideration that even sick people drink lemon-lime due to the slim chance that it will induce vomiting. But typically people don't leave a bottle of lemon-lime awesomeness in the the glove box of a black Suburban in an Arizona summer. That my friend is you dear Glucose Drink. You are incredibly deceiving and I don't appreciate the false sense of confidence you promoted in me. I also don't appreciate a five minute time limit to down your sugary venom, or the fact that when I handed your empty bottle back to the nurse (consciously holding back bile) she looked and said, "oh, looks like you left just a little bit left in there." SERIOUSLY!!! and then I get the opportunity to get my blood drawn...YIPPEEE!!

I know that pregnancy has made me just a tad bit more dramatic but I'm pretty sure that they do endless rounds of Glucose Tests and blood work in the the third rung of hell. 

I'm just saying,
Kimiko  

No comments:

Post a Comment